1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 c. whole milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with 8 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, beating each until incorporated before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and beating just until incorporated.
- Reserve 3⁄4 cup batter, then divide the remaining batter among the paper liners (about 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon each). Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Make the wafflecakes: Heat a waffle iron on high. Working one at a time, spoon 1 1⁄2 tablespoon cupcake batter onto the waffle iron and gently push a cupcake, top side down, into the batter. Repeat 3 more times, depending on how big your waffle iron is. Cook, uncovered, until the batter is golden brown and no longer wet on the side facing up, 4 to 5 minutes. Allow the waffle iron to come back to temperature, then repeat with remaining batter and cupcakes.
- Top with fresh berries and whipped cream, or Nutella, bananas, and peanuts.
Credits to: womansday.com