- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup evaporated or fresh milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine glutinous rice flour, the 1 cup sugar, coconut milk, evaporated milk and eggs. Whisk together until batter is well-blended and smooth.
- Generously grease a baking dish (I used a 12-inch cast iron skillet) with margarine. Pour rice batter into dish and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is set and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out from oven and remove foil. The sides of the rice will be puffed up, just push them down a little to subside. Generously brush top with margarine. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 6 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com