- Makes 2 pizza’s – 16 slices
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 (14 ounce) can Pizza sauce
- 32 thin slices Pepperoni(more or less)
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine.
- While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour onto the dough ball, Using your hands, form a lip around the edges of the pizza. Stretch the dough into a round disc, rotating after each stretch.
- Stretch dough until desired shape is achieved.
- Brush the rim of the pizza with olive oil. Spread the pizza sauce evenly onto the pizza. Top with the cheese and pepperoni.
- Slide the pizza onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes at 450 F, or until bubbly and golden brown. Rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
Credits to: foodnetwork.ca