- 1 tbsp oil
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 pcs. Sayote or chayote
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce|
- To prepare the chayote, peel then halve each vegetable. Cut each halves into three lengthwise wedges. Remove the seed, then slice. Use slicer to achieve the zigzag shape. Wash and drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic and sauté together with onions and tomatoes.
- Add chayote slices. Sauté and add soy sauce.
- Mix water, sugar, cornstarch and oyster sauce.
When chayote is still crunchy but almost done, add the sauce.
- Let thicken a bit, then serve.
Credits to: kitchencow.com