- 6 plantains (saging na saba), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cooked sago or tapioca pearls(see cooking procedure below)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Pandan leaves or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a cooking pot, boil water then add brown sugar. Keep stirring until dissolved.
2. Add plantains, cooked sago, pandan leaves and salt then simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Let it cool then transfer into serving bowl. Serve with ice and milk.
Sago Cooking Procedures:
1. Soak sago pearls in water for 3 hours then cook in boiling water for 15 minutes or until turn clear.
2. Stir constantly to prevent sticking then drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com