- 1 kg stewing beef, cubed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 6 pcs red chillies, chopped
- 2 pcs onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ thumb size galangal, sliced
- ½ thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 turmeric leaf, finely chopped
- 6 pcs lime leaves, sliced
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cooking oil of choice
- In a blender pour the oil then add the chillies, onion, garlic, galangal, ginger and lemongrass, blend to a paste.
- In a pan add desiccated coconut and lightly toast. Once toasted place in a food processor to grind.
- In a heavy pot fry the spice paste, lime leaves and turmeric leaves. Stir continuously for 3 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add the beef, ground desiccated coconut, curry powder, coconut milk, soy sauce and beef stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer in very low heat for 2 hrs.
or until sauce dries out. While cooking don’t forget to mix it regularly to prevent beef sticking in the bottom of the pan, also if water is not enough add several tablespoons to have some moisture.
- Season with salt then serve with freshly steamed rice.
Credits to: angsarap.net