- baking spray
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned or whole oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (koeksoda)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 90g light brown sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl,add the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda together. Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the peanut butter and brown sugar with a large spatula until well combined. Pour in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until everything is combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Chill the cookie dough for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Spray your baking tray with some B-well baking spray, then make cookie dough balls consisting of about 1 and ½ tablespoons of cookie dough, then transfer onto the prepared baking tray. You should be able to make about 15 cookies.
5. You should be able to bake all the cookies in 2 batches. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon to slightly flatten them.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but that’s ok. For crispier cookies, bake for up to 12-13 minutes.
7. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 8 days.
Credits to: thekitchn.com