- 5 pcs saba na saging, sliced diagonally (vertically, crosswise or in circles, whichever you prefer)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup of evaporated milk
- 1 ½ of crushed ice
- Cook banana in sweet brown sugar syrup.
- Place peeled banana (saba na saging), water and brown sugar in a pot. Boil in low heat, allowing the saba to be cooked and the sugar to caramelized. Constant stirring is needed to prevent sugar from getting burnt. Once you the sauce is like thick caramel. Turn off heat.
- Remove the sweetened plantains from the pot and put it in a platter.
- Place pieces of sweetened saba in a separate bowl, topped it with crushed ice and layer it with another set of ‘minatamis na saging’.
- Pour evaporated milk. Serve and enjoy!
- When picking for plantains, choose for the ones that are not too ripe.
- Other than fresh milk, you may also use evaporated or condensed milk.
- To include slices of leche flan in your con yelo is optional.
Credits to: filipinofoodonline.co.uk