- 4 cups glutinous rice (Malagkit)
- 1/2 cup water
- Banana Leaves (Cleaned and cut into bigger sized (8×11 inch))
- Banana or Cotton strings
- Coconut Oil
- In a bowl, place glutinous rice and water then soak for at least 3 hours. Drain.
- Grind soaked rice into flour then mix with water until well blended. You can also buy rice flour if you don’t have a rice grinder.
- Singe the banana leaves into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
- Grease banana leaves with coconut oil then scoop 3 tablespoons of rice mixture, fold the leaf to wrap the rice mixture.
- Grab 2 pieces of wrapped rice mixture then tie with folded sides together using a string.
- In a steamer, pour enough water then steam the wrapped rice mixture for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Unwrap the binallay and transfer to serving plate. Serve with *latik.
- To make latik, mix 2 cups of coconut milk with 1 cup brown sugar and cook until it thickens then pour on top of binallay.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com