- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water, plus more for pitcher
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Large splash vanilla extract (Optional)
- Evaporated milk (Optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water over high heat. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Clean the outside of the cantaloupe and cut in half. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and use a melon scraper to scoop out threads of the cantaloupe into a medium bowl. If a melon scraper is not available, slice the cantaloupe and grate the flesh into the bowl.
- Place the grated cantaloupe flesh into the pitcher and add the cooled syrup. Fill with water. If using, add a splash of vanilla extract or some evaporated milk.
- Serve chilled or with crushed ice.
Credits to: tarasmulticulturaltable.com