- 1 1/2 cups radish, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup vinegar (or less, depends on how much you want to use)
- 1/8 cup rock salt
- Combine salt and radish strips and set aside for about 20 to 30 minutes. (The salting process removes the bitter taste of the radish).
- After 30 minutes, the salted radish can now be squeezed to death (haha!) Wash the squeezed radish strips with water and drain water, or you can squeeze again, not too much this time.
- In a glass jar or plastic container, combine the radish strips, tomatoes, onion and vinegar.
- Serve with any kind of fried seafood or pork.
You might think that this will have a strong sour taste, but no. There is a hint of onion flavor as well as the tomato; and the crunch of the radish is just perfect if you’re looking for that certain texture in food.
This side dish can be stored in the fridge and can last for more than a week.
Credits to: bokutoupdtokyo.wordpress.com; ctto