BUKAYO – Extremely Delicious Coconut Recipe!!
- Coconut meat from 2 young coconuts, grated or cut into small strips
- Young coconut (buko) juice from 2 coconuts
- 1 set of pandan leaves
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Boil young coconut juice together with sugar and pandan leaves in a pot. Constantly stir until the sugar dissolves. Continue to cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Carefully remove pandan leaves and add vanilla extract. Stir thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a frying pan. Put the coconut meat (grated or strips) and stir fry until it turns light brown. Remove from the pan and drain cooking oil.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve all-purpose flour or cornstarch in a tablespoon of water. Pour the solution to the cooked coconut meat.
- Put everything into the sugar mixture. Blend well until it caramelizes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Carefully remove the cooked bukayo from the pot while it’s still hot and transfer into a bowl or plate. Cautiously form it into any shape (preferably into a ball) using plastic wraps or wax paper. Let it cool down for it to solidify attractively.
Credits to: entrepreneur.com.ph