Easy to make healthy ice cream for the kids and you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this recipe.
- 6 cubes (140 g or about 1 cup) frozen pumpkin purée (recipe below)
- 2 peeled, sliced frozen bananas (150 g)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk or other milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (recipe below) or ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Let the frozen bananas and squash sit at room temperature for a few minutes to defrost a bit.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, or high-speed blender on a low setting, and pulse until creamy—about a minute or so.
- Consume immediately as soft-serve ice cream. You can also freeze it for later. To eat later, defrost for a several minutes to soften before serving.
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and whisk to blend. Store sealed to have few months shelf life.
Credits to: comfybelly.com