- Spring Roll Wrapper (150mm x 150mm)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 ½ cup chicken breast (sprinkled with salt & pepper, cooked and flaked)
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 ½ packs)
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, julienned
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients.
- Lay out a wrapper. Place 2 Tbsp mixture on the lower edge of the wrapper leaving about 2 inches. Begin to fold egg roll like an envelope: first, fold over the lower edge over the filing, then the left edge, then the right edge, then roll up to the top edge. To seal the wrapper just moisten the top edge with water. Repeat this process until you are out of mixture. Lay each egg roll out in a single layer.
- Put enough oil in a large skillet to fill it about ¼ inch deep. Heat oil over medium heat. Place egg roll one at a time into hot oil, with the seam down (this will keep it from unraveling) and then quickly turn the egg roll to ensure the skin crisp up and does not stick to other egg rolls in the pan. Adjust heat so that the oil is bubbling gently and not too vigorously around the egg rolls. Each egg roll will take about 3 minutes to cook. Shake the egg roll over the pan to help remove the excess oil. Place egg roll on layers of paper towels to drain.
Credits to: pinaycookingcorner.com