- 2 Carrots, finely sliced into thin strips (julienne)
- 2 stalks Celery, finely sliced into thin strips
- 2 Spring onions, finely sliced into thin strips
- 1 knob Fresh ginger, large, finely sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil, for sauteeing, plus more for frying rolls
- ¼ Cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups Cooked chicken, or leftover pork or lamb, use up to 3 cups
- 1 cup Cooked rice, large
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp Shrimp paste
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 handful Coriander, large, or parsley or mint, to finish
- 8 Corn flatbreads, you may need 10 flatbreads (we used mountain bread)
- 1 Egg, whisked for egg wash, if baking the rolls instead of frying them
- 1 bottle Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and gently saute the carrot, celery and spring onion until soft. Add cabbage and cook until soft.
- Add cooked meat, cooked rice, oyster sauce, five spice, shrimp paste, Worcestershire sauce and cook to combine flavours. Season
with the lemon zest and juice and sea salt flakes and pepper and toss with coriander (parsley or mint) to finish. Cool mixture.
- Add 23 Tbsp of mix to a cornbased flatbread cut in half lengthwise. Fold in the sides then roll up, brushing edges with water to seal.
- Fry rolls in hot oil until coloured all over, then drain. Or brush rolls with egg wash and bake in a hot oven until crispy. Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Credits to: bite.co.nz