- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- ½ pound ground beef (marinated in 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning, 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced, slices pounded lightly with knife butt to release flavor
- 10 cups beef or chicken broth (water also would work)
- 1-½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ground white pepper, to taste
- minced scallions
- chopped cilantro
- Wash rice, drain and repeat until the water runs clear. Marinate the beef in the soy sauce, cornstarch for 10 minutes.
- Heat large stockpot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the ground beef and garlic. Fry until the beef is browned.
- Add the stock or water, ginger, soy sauce and rice.
- Turn the heat to high. Once the liquid starts to boil, immediately turn the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes. Taste and adjust with more soy and pepper if needed.
- Serve topped with scallions and cilantro.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/mybifihb