- 8 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles (or spaghetti)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder (or black pepper powder)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4-5 packs shrimp
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with tap water, drain, and set aside.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Chop aromatics and vegetables.
- Heat a wok (or large skillet) over medium high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the wok. It’s ready when the oil just starts to smoke.
- Add ginger and carrot. Cook and stir until the carrot starts to turn soft, 40 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add shrimp. Cook and stir until the surface turns white, but the inside remains transparent.
- Swirl in the sauce along the edge of the wok. Stir a few times to quickly heat up the sauce. Add noodles. Stir to mix well. You can chop the noodles into shorter strands with a spatula to make the noodles easier to mix with other ingredients. Cook until the sauce is fully absorbed.
- Add bean sprouts and green onion. Cook and stir until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/myfitnessmenu