- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 *14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup hot milk
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup roasted cashew, chopped
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- In small bowl or cup, dissolve cocoa powder in ¼ cup hot milk.
- In a blender, whip heavy whipping cream, condensed milk and dissolved cocoa until fluffy. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill the mixture for at least one hour.
- Pour in your ice cream maker and churn. Mix about 25-30 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add the chopped almonds and cashew during the last 5 minutes of churning. Transfer ice cream in a tightly sealed container and freeze until ready to serve. Store-bought ice cream containers will work well for this. *If you don’t have an ice cream maker, do not fold the marshmallows and chocolate chips into the milk and cocoa mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a wide, airtight container and put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour then place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Beat ice cream mixture with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Put it back in the freezer for 40 minutes – then beat with an electric mixer. Repeat “40 minute freeze-then-beat cycle” 3 times. You can choose to either beat your ice cream mixture every 40 minutes until frozen or let your ice cream mixture freeze on its own. Either method works fine but the more you beat it, the softer it will be.
- Toss chocolate chips, marshmallows, chopped almonds and cashew into the ice cream after last beating.
Credits to: pinaycookingcorner.com