- 450g dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 650g chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- 125g rindless bacon, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 300g small cup mushrooms, sliced
- 420g can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ cup light thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta and water to the saucepan, lid on but off the heat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding more oil if necessary. Cut chicken tenderloins diagonally into 3 pieces.
- Add bacon to frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add soup, cream and worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined. Add mushroom mixture, chicken and parsley to pasta. Toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper. serve.
- Substitute vegetables in the recipe for those you have on hand
- Use other herbs with the parsley or instead of
- Great re-heated the next day
- Top with some cheese when serving
- You can use heavy cream if you have no light cream available
- Soup can be omitted by adding chicken stock and extra cream
- Bowl all of the ingredients up beforehand, it is much quicker to do the frying and complete everything before the pasta cools.
Credits to: cookingatjoys.com