- 5 cups fresh milk
- ⅔ cup sugar and ½ cup for dusting
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup full cream powdered milk (I used Nido)
- In a wide, nonstick skillet over low heat, combine milk and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook, regularly stirring and scraping sides and bottom of pan, for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until milk is reduced and mixture turns into a thin paste.
- Add lime zest and stir to combine. Add butter and powdered milk and stir until smooth and well combined. Continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to pull from sides of pan and turns into a soft dough.
- Transfer mixture into a lightly-oiled plate and allow to cool to touch.
- Divide mixture into about 40 portions and roll each portion into logs of about 1-inch long.
- Roll pastillas in sugar until fully coated. Wrap each piece in Japanese paper.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com