- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups of orange juice
- 5 eggs
- Melt the sugar (under low heat) in a pan.
- Add the water and bring to boil until it forms a caramel syrup. make sure not to burn or sauce will be bitter.
- Pour the caramel into the mold and spread it by rotating the mold.
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender.
- Pour the mixture in a caramelized lanera mold.
- Place the lanera mold in a baking dish filled with very hot water
- Bake the pudding in a water bath (330-350F) for 1 hour – 1 ½ hour or until the flan is firm.
- Let the flan cool down completely and put the pudding in the refrigerator at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve remove the flan from the mold, by placing a dish over mold and flipping over the mold.
Enjoy each bite!!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/azoreangreenbean