- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Pinch of crushed chili flakes (optional)
- 3 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack
- 1 box of macaroni (cooked according to package directions)
- 1–2 jalapeños, sliced (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 small bag potato chips (we recommend jalapeño or salt and vinegar for a little tang),
- Hot sauce, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and prepare individual ramekins, 13×9 baking dish, or casserole dish with butter.
- In a pot, melt butter with flour, dry mustard, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and add cheese, mixing until smooth. Stir in cooked macaroni and sliced jalapeños.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with crushed potato chips. Bake until golden and bubbly. Serve hot with extra hot sauce.
Credits to: tastemade.com