For the dough
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + more for forming
For the knots
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup crispy bacon, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated fine
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare dough by dissolving yeast in warm water. Stir and allow to bloom and foam for 3–5 minutes. Stir in honey, and pour mixture into flour, stirring until a ball is formed.
- Knead dough until no longer tacky. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- In a pot, combine garlic and butter and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 2-inch pieces and roll out about a ¼-inch thick. Brush with garlic butter, sprinkle with bacon, cheese and a dollop of mashed potatoes. Fold and press the edges together to form a little dough ball. Brush with more garlic butter and pop into a prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Credits to: tastemade.com