- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled for 24 hours
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener (maple syrup, powdered sugar, cane sugar, etc), to taste
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- About 1 hour before making the coconut whip, chill a mixing bowl in the freezer.
- After chilling the can, open the can and scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl. Discard the coconut water or save it for another use (such as coconut water ice cubes).
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add in sweetener to taste and vanilla.
- Return whipped cream to fridge until ready to use. After chilling in the fridge, allow it to sit at room temperature until it softens slightly and then you can re-whip it as needed.
Credits to: ohsheglows.com