- 1 Large whole chicken
For the marinade:
- 2 oranges squeezed
- 1 lime squeezed (lemonsito 2 pcs)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (cut in inches)
- a pinch of dried rosemary (optional)
- 1 white onion/ sliced
- a few cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- cut slices of lemongrass
- pinch of dried rosemary
- squeezed lime
- squeezed orange
- crushed garlic
- oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients and sauces, in a bowl, and put your freshly washed chicken in the marinade..
- fresh whole chicken (not frozen).. (note: pat dry with paper towel after you wash..or the marinade wont soak)
- marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 side, and another 30 minutes on the other side while you’re marinating, preheat your oven to 190 degrees C (fan operated)
- After marinating the chicken, place inside the chicken all the cut onions/lemongrass/garlic..
- Place the chicken on a roasting dish and put in the top tray of your oven..Cover with aluminum foil
- Cook for an hour..but every twenty minutes, take out to baste the chicken skin with the marinade sauce
- After an hour, take out the foil, and cook for another 45-50 minutes, depending on chicken size (but basting the chicken skin every 15 minutes).
- To know whether you’ve cooked enough after 45 minutes, slice the side of the chicken leg near the groin area, if blood still purts out, then you have to add another 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Credits to: theuntoldrage.blogspot.co.uk