- 24 Portabella mushrooms
- 1 Pound Blue Crab meat
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 Tablespoons concentrated crab boil (liquid)
- 3 stalks of green onions
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic paste
- Shredded Mozzarella/Provolone mixed cheese
- Cooking spray
- To prepare the crab… Add crab boil to crab meat and refrigerate. I let mine sit overnight and it was perfect but I like a lot of spice. So just remember the longer you let it sit the more intense the flavor/heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wipe mushroom caps with a damp cloth and remove stems
- Saute chopped green onion and garlic paste in butter
- Remove onion mixture from the heat and let sit about 5- 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, breadcrumbs, cream cheese and crab. Mix thoroughly. (don’t over stir but do make sure that the cream cheese is evenly distributed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a large flat pan or cookie sheet generously with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the filling.
- Top generously with shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes
Serve hot & enjoy!!!
Credits to: dailycuisinebytanya.blogspot.com