- 300 gms assorted dried local fruits
- 100 gms glazed fruit mix
- 100 gms raisins
- 80 gms glazed kaong
- 50 gms orange peel
- 1 c rum (used for fruit soaking)
- 50 gms cashew nuts / Pili nuts
- 1/2 c dayap rind
- 180 gms all-purpose flour
- 2 t cinnamon
- 150 gms butter
- 120 gms brown sugar
- 3 pcs whole eggs
- 1 jigger rum (for brushing)
- Combine glazed fruits, dried fruits, raisins, kaong and peel.
- Soak the fruits in rum for one week.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs slowly on a medium speed beat.
- Sieve the flour and spices together. Add the flour gradually on a low speed.
- After one week, drain the fruits and dust with a little flour. Add this to the flour mixture.
- Give the mixture a final turn with clean hands to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into two lined baked pans.
- When desired weight is required, weigh accordingly and place mixture in the right baking pan.
- Bake in 300° F oven for two hours. Brush cake with one jigger of rum.
- Wrap in foil and let age for one week before consuming.
Credits to: mixph.com; Rose Bakes