- 1 large Bangus (milkfish), cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
- 1 banana heart
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Tamarind powder mix
- Fish sauce or salt
- 5 cups water
- Prepare the banana heart. First peeling and discard the outer reddish layers until you reach the cream colored and softer core.
- Cut the stem off stem. Make 2-inch slices of the banana heart then place in a bowl of cold salted water and soak for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Place bangus, banana heart, tomatoes and onions then boil for around 15-20 minutes or until both are cooked. Fresh banana heart will give the broth a milky color.
- Add tamarind powder mix and season with fish sauce or salt. Adjust flavor to suit your taste.
- Remove from heat and let it stand for a few minutes before serving.
Credits to: iloilofoodtrip.blogspot.com