- 1 500 grams bag frozen grated cassava (thawed)
- 1 500 grams bag frozen grated Ube (thawed)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 tsp Ube food coloring (optional)
Suggested Additional ingredients:
- Set oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients above and pour it in glass or aluminum pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 mins. When slightly brown on the edges. To know if it’s cooked, test with pick on the center, if it comes out clean.
- Serve and topped it with latik. Enjoy!
How to make Latik
- 1 can Coconut Milk (400ml) or
- 2 cups of fresh shredded mature Coconut
- 2 cups warm water
- Mix the grated coconut with the warm water in a large bowl.
- Scoop the coconut into a sheet of cheesecloth and squeeze over the bowl to express as much coconut juice as possible then strain into a pan. Discard the coconut.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and cook until the mixture is dry, about 15 minutes
- When the texture turns gelatinous, lower the heat and continue stirring.
- It will curdle as it dries, continue stirring until brownish residues are formed which are called ‘latik.
Credits to: pinoyamericanrecipes.blogspot.com