- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour (any flour)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pierce one of the sweet potatoes with a fork. Wrap it in a damp paper towel and place it in a small bowl with 1/2 inch of water. Microwave for 7-9 minutes, or until tender.
- Let sweet potatoes sit for 5 minutes. Then drain the water, peel, and mash it with a fork.
- In your bowl of sweet potatoes, add the 2 eggs, almond flour, sea salt, and green onion. Combine with a spoon.
- In a skillet (I used cast iron), pour coconut oil and heat over medium until your cast iron is hot. If you have a thermometer, it should read 350 degrees. Then drop in sweet potato “cakes” in about 2-3 tablespoon batches. Flatten them with a spatula. Cook on each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place on a plate with paper towels to drain the oil. Serve HOT with ketchup and mayo dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/MillyDiGangiFitness