“The Kutsinta (Cuchinta) or the Philippine brown rice cake is one of the favorite cuisine in the Philippines. It can be served as homemade or there were those who sell them in the streets. Kutsinta is often served with puto and is good with freshly grated coconut.”
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp annatto powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lye water
- In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the annatto water and water.
- Mix thoroughly, strain to remove lumps.
- Pour in the moulds and steam for 25-30 mins.
- Once cooked, let it cool before removing from the moulds.
- Served with grated coconut.
Cooking Tips :
- Reserve 1/4-1/2 portion of water and sugar when mixing, add slowly the portion to mix your taste and creamy type texture.
Credits to: pinoyhapagkainan.blogspot.com/2012/09/kutchinta-cuchinta-small-sticky-round.html?m=1