- 1 kg Pork Belly
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 head Garlic minced
- 1/2 Tsp. grounded Black Pepper
- 6 cups Water (for boiling)
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose Flour
- Pork Bouillon or Pork Broth
- 1 Large White Onion, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, minced
- 1 small can sliced mushroom, minced
- 1 pack Pork Chicharon (crushed)
- In a pot, boil pork belly with salt, garlic and black pepper in water for approximately 45 minutes or until tender. Drain pork belly and reserve 1 cup for sauce later on.
- Fry the boiled pork belly until crispy and chopped into small pieces.
- In another pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Stir until flour turns light brown.
- Add 1 cup pork broth and pork bouillon, and adjust to desired consistency.
- Toss together crispy pork belly, minced onion, green bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a hot sizzling plate and pour over the sauce.
- Top with crushed chicharon for extra crunch.
Serve hot and sizzling with light soy sauce, red chili pepper and squeezed calamansi for garnish. Enjoy!
Credits to: panlasangpinoymeatrecipes.com/sizzling-crispy-sisig.htm