Have you tried Lebak, Sultan Kudarat Turon Malagkit? It’s a new take of the traditional turon. You can also add langka and ube for variety. You gotta try it, ultimate turon ever!
- ½ kilo sticky/glutinous rice or malagkit
- 1/2 kilo brown sugar
- 1 cup coco milk
- Turon wrapper
- Oil for frying
- Cook the malagkit with the coco milk.
- Put it in a bowl and let cool.
- Get a spoonful of the cooked malagkit and dip/coat it in brown sugar.
- Begin shaping and wrapping it with the turon wrapper. You can add ripe langka or ube for additional flavors or variety.
- Continue the process until your desired number of turon pieces.
- Over low-medium heat, put a minimum amount of oil in a pan.
- Make sure that the oil is hot before putting a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- When the sugar starts to float, add the wrapped pieces and start frying.
- Do not overcook.
- Finally, drain the turon to remove excess oil & serve with gladness.
- Hot or cold, turon malagkit is the best!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas