Tapsilog is a thin cut of fried beef, fried egg sunny side up and fried rice. TAPSILOG is a filipino term abbreviation of beef cured (tapa), fried rice (sinangag) and fried egg serve most commonly for breakfast.
The word Tapa means cured or dried beef marinated overnight before frying and dipped in spicy vinegar and partnered with sliced tomatoes and combine with fried rice and fried egg.
Marinating the Beef:
- 1 lb. beef, sliced very thinly into serving pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar or calamansi or lemon
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, put all marinating ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can try tasting the marinating sauce if the taste is according to your taste or add salt. Place the beef strips and mix thoroughly until equally coated with marinade sauce. Transfer in a container with cover and place it in refrigerator. Let stand overnight and marinade until the flavours sink into the meat.
- Some people dry the marinated beef strips under the sun before frying it. It will give the meat a dry, crispy and tastu texture when fried.
Frying the Beef Tapa:
- In a skillet over medium fire, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil then put the marinated beef strips. It becomes watery when it comes from the fridge,
just wait til the water evaporates and fry til golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat, serve hot with sliced tomatoes, fried rice and fried egg. Serve and enjoy!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas