- 1 kilo pork belly or pork chop, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 bunch snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 big canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium sized potatoes, skinned, quartered
- 1 medium size carrot, skinned, cut into wedges
- 1 small size carrot, skinned, decoratively sliced
- 2 large red/green bell pepper, deseeded, cut into trips
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup patis
- 3-5 pcs. bay leaf
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 slices loaf bread, trimmed, soak with water, mashed
- 1/2 block grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, marinate pork and chicken with a dust of salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, fry the pork and chicken for 1 to 2 minutes or until colour turn to light brown each side in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same sauce pan sauté garlic and onion, add pork and chicken and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, Add in the patis, canned tomato and tomato sauce, stir cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in 6 to 8 cups of water add in the peppercorns, parsley flakes, bay leaf and the mashed loaf bread, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to half.
- Add potatoes and carrots, simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the sliced carrot and green beans, cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add bell pepper, cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste, thicken sauce with cornstarch dissolve in 1/4 cup of water, cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
credits to: overseaspinoycooking.com/2015/12/cheesy-pork-and-chicken-afritada.html