“Bubble tea (also known as pearl milk tea) is a Taiwanese tea-based drink shaken with fruit or milk, to which chewy tapioca balls or fruit jellies are often added.
The “bubble” refers to the foam created by shaking the tea, which itself is called “pàomò” tea, meaning “frothy/foamy” tea. Ice-blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency.
There are many variants of the drinks, and many kinds of ingredients may be added. The most popular bubble drinks are bubble milk tea with tapioca and bubble milk green tea with tapioca.”
- 12 Black tea bags
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 Litres Water
- 1 package Tapioca pearls
- 5 cups Crushed Ice
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the directions on the package.
- Boil the water in a large pot and add all of the tea bags. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the sweetened condensed milk, adding a little at a time until you achieve the sweetness that you want. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add ice into the cocktail shaker and shake until fluid is slightly chilled and bubbly.
- Put the tapioca pearls in a tall glass and add the milk tea. Serve with a large straw. Enjoy!