- 1 kg Pork Spare Ribs (Liempo) (cut up)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped, for marinade)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garlic (minced, for marinade)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (for marinade)
- 1 1/4 tbsp Soy Sauce (for marinade)
- 3/4 tbsp Calamansi Juice (for marinade)
- 3 tbsp Yellow Mustard (for marinade)
- 1/3 cup Cooking Oil (for browning)
- 1/3 cup Leeks (sliced, optional)
- 1 pouch (90 grams each)
- Filipino Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 pouch (115 grams) Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 1/2 tbsp Del Monte
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Season pork spareribs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade. Shake in a covered jar to blend well. Pour into meat and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain meat but reserve marinade.
- Pan-grill in oil just to brown. Heat marinade and add pork. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Top with leeks.
Makes 8 servings
credits to: delmonte.ph/kitchenomics/recipe/barbecued-spareribs