- Beef tapa
- Shawarma rice
- Oil for cooking tapa
- Cucumber salad
- Garlic yogurt sauce
For Beef Tapa
- 500 g beef sirloin, tapa cut
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bird’s eye chili, optional
For Cucumber Salad
- 1 pc cucumber, seeded, halved & sliced thinly
- 4 pcs tomato, seeded, sliced
- 1 medium white onion mince and cubed
- shredded cabbage
For Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 1 small tub yogurt (125ml)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
For Shawarma Rice
- 2 cups long grain rice (Jasmine or basmati)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 tsp kasubha (crocus in english or dried safflower)
- Toss cucumber salad ingredients together in a bowl, serve on the side of shawarma rice.
- Mix together all ingredients for garlic yogurt sauce. Keep mixed sauce in the chiller until ready to use.
- Rinse rice, put in a rice cooker together with water, margarine and kasubha. Cook rice as you would.
- Once cooked, fluff rice to distribute color. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and black pepper for 20 minutes or overnight.
- Pan fry marinated tapa in oil until browned. Chop into pieces.
- To assemble, put rice on plate, cucumber salad on the side.
- Top minced tapa over rice.
- Drizzle garlic yogurt sauce all over the beef & rice. You can also combine drops of hot sauce over your garlic sauce if you like it spicy.
Serve with more garlic sauce on the side.
Credits to: pepper.ph ; instagram.com/rafik_shawarma