- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 whole fried or leftover bangus(milkfish), deboned and shredded into flakes
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions(optional)
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and spring onions together until frothy. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger and onions until soft.
- Add bangus flakes and red chili then stir cook for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and ground pepper then continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a same pan, melt butter in a low heat then pour egg mixture.
- Cook until slightly set then top bangus flakes.
- Continue cooking until bottom is fully set then gently fold omelet over.
- Drain on paper towel then transfer into serving plate then sprinkle with remaining spring onions. Serve.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com/2016/08/bangus-flakes-omelet