If you want to get a quick escape and experience nature’s beauty without spending big bucks for airfare then you may consider driving up North at Nueva Ecija and experience bit of fresh air, fresh water and perhaps be an overnight camper too.
Minalungao Park is located at General Tinio, Nueva Ecija. It has a total land area of 2,018 hectares and regarded as a one of the hardly any remaining natural environments in the Philippines. It was recognized as a protected area on 1967 by virtue of Republic Act No. 5100.
The park is open for overnight campers as well. Ideally, one day is enough. The highlight really is the 16-meter high limestone walls with Penaranda River flowing in between. You can swim there. There’s also a cliff-jumping area in the park. The local government has also made facilities for picnics, raft-riding and zip-line.
Things you can do at Minalungao Park:
- Bamboo Rafting
- Zip Lining
- Enjoy the Landscape (The River, The Limestioneand Rock Formation)
- Explore Minalungao Cave
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Ride a bus bound to Gapan/Cabanatuan, P150-P200. Estimated travel time: 2-3 hours
- From Gapan ride a jeep to General Tinio then ride a trike to Minalungao Park, P50/person
Estimated travel time: 1-1.5 hours
Via Private Vehicle:
- Take NLEX traveling north and Exit at Sta. Rita.
- Proceed right and go along the Candaba – San Miguel Road. Carry on until you reach Bucana, Gapan.
Upon reaching Gapan, ask the locals the best route to Minalungao National Park since there are several roads heading to the park.
Estimated travel time: 4-5 hours, expect a rough road
Sources: thelostkids.ph, outoftownblog.com, backpackerlifestyles.blogspot.com