(Bamboo shoots with Tamarind Soured Beef)
- 1/2 kilo shredded and parboiled bamboo shoots
- 1 bundle string beans, trimmed, cut into 2” lengths
- 1 bundle saluyot, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 kilo beef strips
- 3-4 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 medium size tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 to 2 tbsp. tamarind sinigang mix
- cooking oil
- Place the bamboo shoots a big sauce pan, add enough water to same level with the bamboo shoot bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, discard first boiled water.
- Now add in about the same quantity of water and bring to a boil, simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and separate the bamboo shoot from the liquid, keep aside. In a separate sauce pan sauté the beef with garlic, onion and tomato for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the fish sauce and continue to stir cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the liquid from boiling the bamboo shoots, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the beef are tender. Correct saltiness if required.
- Add in the string beans and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes now add in the jute and continue to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked. Served hot with a lot of rice.
Credits to: overseaspinoycooking.com/2011/04/dinengdeng-with-beef-soured-with.html