- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon (heaping) kosher salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. In a thin stream, pour in the milk whisking until smooth. In a thin stream, add in the half-and-half and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve or chinois into a saucepan. Over medium heat, whisking the mixture constantly, bring to a boil. Boil gently 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla extract. Transfer the custard to a mixing bowl.
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes, rest the mixing bowl on top, and add cold water to cover the ice cubes. Let the mixture cool, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in the white chocolate and pour the mixture into 1-cup ramekins, cups or mugs.
- Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve cold with dollops of whipped cream.
Credits to: foodnetwork.com/recipes/triple-chocolate-pudding-recipe0.html