- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-cups HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
CREAM CHEESE MARBLE
- 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cups HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 drops green food color (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil; grease foil. Prepare CREAM CHEESE MARBLE; set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Stir in eggs and vanilla until blended; gradually add flour mixture, blending well. Spread 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon CREAM CHEESE MARBLE over chocolate; drop spoonfuls of remaining chocolate batter onto cream cheese. Gently swirl chocolate batter into cream cheese with spatula.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares. Makes 16 brownies.
CREAM CHEESE MARBLE:
- Beat 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
MINT VARIATION: Substitute 1-2/3 cups (10-oz.pkg.) HERSHEY’S Mint Chocolate Chips . Add 2 drops green food color to CREAM CHEESE MARBLE, if desired.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Credits to: hersheys.com/recipes/en_US/recipes/4995/easy-marbled-brownies.html