- 2 lbs lengua
- ½ stick butter
- 8 pcs fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bay leaves
- Boil the lengua in unseasoned water for about 30 to 45 minutes. The white filament covering the lengua should be visible.
- Remove the lengua from the pot and allow it to cool off. Once it has cooled off, discard the white filament and the water.
- Place the lengua in a pot with water, garlic, peppercorn, onion, salt and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for about 3 to 4 hours until it becomes tender. If you are using a pressure cooker, it might take between 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the lengua from the pot and let it cool off. Slice the meat in discs and set aside. Set aside the broth.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup and 3 cups of broth in a pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until there are no more lumps.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lengua and continue simmering until it is heated through.
- Put the butter in the pan. Mix together. Turn off the heat.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/kazzyemma