- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. of fresh milk (the ready-to-drink kind)
- 4 tbsps. of white sugar
- 4 tsps. of dark brown sugar
Make the custard:
- Prepare four ramekins that can each hold about a cup of liquid. Place them in a baking pan. Into each ramekin, place one teaspoonful of dark brown sugar and one teaspoonful of water.
- (Steam Bath) Pour enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach a height of about one inch. Place the baking pan, with the ramekins in it, in a preheated 180oC oven for about five to seven minutes or until the sugar melts.
- Meanwhile, cut the mangoes, discard the stones, scoop out the flesh, roughly chop and pulse in the blender until liquefied.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the milk together. Add the white sugar and pour in the mango puree. Mix until blended and very smooth or pour it back in the blender to make a very smooth puree.
- Take the ramekins out of the oven. Ladle the milk-egg-mango mixture into each ramekin until almost full. Pour more boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the ramekins. Put back in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted at the center of the custard comes out clean.
Credits to: casaveneracion.com/mango-custard