- 1 slab american ribs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the membrane from the ribs. To do this, slide a knife under the membrane and over a bone. Lift and loosen the membrane until it tears. Grab the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off.
- In a pot, put a water enough to cover the ribs. Add the ribs and put salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Boil for 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Remove from the pot.
- Brush the ribs liberally with barbecue sauce. Tear off aluminum foil enough to enclose the ribs. Wrap the ribs tightly with the aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit then bake ribs with the foil still on for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com/2016/05/baby-back-ribs