Servings: 4 servings Total Time: 25 mins
- 12-ounces beef top round steak
- 1 cup orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces (2/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Slivered orange peel (optional)
- Trim fat from beef. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together orange peel, orange juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry green onions and garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Remove green onion mixture from the wok.
- Add beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Push beef from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return green onion mixture to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with slivered orange peel or slices of orange with steamed broccoli on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Credits to: bhg.com/recipe/meat/orange-beef-stir-fry