- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of self rising flour (sifted)
- 1 stick of butter (1/4 pound) melted
- about 10 ounces of guava paste cut into 1/4 inch slices
- about 2 tbsp of butter to grease mold
- Preheat oven 350º F.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and sugar by hand until creamy in texture.
- Add sifted flour to egg/sugar mixture and stir with spatula.
- Add melted butter and continue to mix by hand until ingredients are fully incorporated. You will end up with a sticky dough.
- Generously grease a baking mold (I use a glass Pyrex mold approximately 11×8 inches) with butter.
- Take a little over half the batter and spread in the bottom of baking mold. It is very important that you continuously wet your hands so that the dough does not stick to your fingers. I always place a glass of water in the countertop to dip my fingers and manage the dough.
- Place the guava paste strips evenly over the dough.
- Cover guava paste with remaining dough and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Serve as a dessert or snack at parties.
Credits to: foodielady.wordpress.com