- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks (can use chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line twelve muffin tins with the shells.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients;Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes then turn out of muffin pan.
Credits to: walnuts.org/cooking-with-walnuts/recipes/chocolate-chip-and-walnut-muffins