- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped avocado (I used one small avocado which was a bit more than 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180 C. Line or grease a cupcake tray and set aside.
- Chop up the avocado and add to a blender or food processor.Top off with the oil, water, vanilla, vinegar, and the sugar.
- Blend well until the avocados get pureed completely.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Well, ideally you should sift them together so please do that and don’t be like me.
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Gently whisk together until you see no traces of the dry mixture in the batter.
- Pour into the lined cupcake tray about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out with dry crumbs. The top may crack a bit, that’s totally fine
- 2 avocados, mashed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup agave nectar (or honey)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- To make the Avocado Frosting: In a blender or using a hand mixer, mix together the mashed avocados, cocoa powder, agave and vanilla until smooth. Let sit in the fridge until cupcakes are cool and frosting is stiff – enjoy!
Credits to: m.facebook.com/TastyRecipe